Code | Montreal
We are looking for an awesome Back-End Developer to join our development team. Primary responsibilities of this position includes connecting games with our customer’s game servers, designing and supporting our game APIs, and participating in the elaboration of new game concepts and features.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining our back-end functionality which involves high volume transaction systems.
- Designing API’s for game back-end services using WebSockets and/or RESTful practices.
- Developing new product features or extending current ones.
- Cooperating with other team members: Game Developers, Artists, Designers, and Mathematicians to develop game specific back-end tools/services.
- Making our back-end tools/services best in class.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science.
- Minimum of three years of building web based back-end tools/services.
- Excellent knowledge of Java/J2EE.
- Experience of working with application servers.
- Experience of working with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience in leading the design of database schemas or data structure.
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, MVC and other design principles.
- Experience working in agile and iterative environments.
- Familiarity with project tracking tools such as JIRA or Trello.
- Familiarity with Git and feature branching approach.
- Understanding web browser game development, with focus on mobile.
- Experience developing casino games and real money gaming mathematics.
- Solid understanding of back-end tools/services in the area of probability and statistics.
- Designed mathematical models for successful slot games.
- Experience working with graphically performance-heavy web applications.
- Experience with client-server integrations and serialization techniques.
- Open to challenges of learning new languages, technologies, frameworks and approaches to development.
- Experience with other programming languages (C#, Java, / PHP / Python / C++, etc) is an asset.
- Genuinely wants to do a good job as a matter of pride in one’s work.
- Keen to learn and demonstrate ability.
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset.