Code | Montreal
We are looking for superstar 2D Illustrators to join our remote creative team and work on our upcoming games. You will design and illustrate 2D game art for a wide range of game themes as part of our distributed team. You will be working remotely and occasionally be asked to participate in remote Skype calls and meetings with the Montreal team.
You will be responsible for:
- Illustrating high quality artwork and themes for diverse casino games.
- Illustrating environment, backgrounds, characters, and symbols in a common style based on the game business requirements.
- Working closely with the creative team and Art Director to design the environments, characters and entire artwork of the game.
- Taking direction, iterating on look and feel, gathering feedback from the entire team, and participating in the review of the full production of the art and games.
- Consistently deliver work of the highest caliber.
- Jaw dropping 2D illustrations portfolio demonstrating excellent creative skills and diversity.
- Very good at creating appealing 2D characters, backgrounds, and rendering artwork with a great finish.
- Digital illustration skills with an advanced understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
- A communicator with the ability to verbalize conceptual thoughts and with an openness to use constructive critique.
- The ability to adapt to established styles and deliver creative variations on them.
- Ability to work remotely with a team and collaborate with colleagues in a remote work environment.
- Experience working with animation graphics, sprite sheets, and animation asset optimization.
- Genuinely wants to do a good job as a matter of pride in one’s work.
- Keen to learn and demonstrate ability.
- A technical degree in computer art.
- Preferably prior experience working with game graphics, online HTML5 games, and game art optimization requirements.
- Knowledge of the real money gaming industry, slot machines, and other gambling games.
- Understanding web browser game development.
- Experience with effects and animation tools such as Spine 2D, Spriter, TweenJS, PixiJS, or other 2D tools.
- Logotype Design.
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset.